How to Apply
- AGE: Candidates must be at least 35 years of age at the time of ordination and are eligible for admission to the program until age 60.
- STATUS: Married candidates must have been married seven to ten years to qualify for admission to the program. Single men will be required to make a solemn public commitment to the celibate life and will normally not be permitted to marry after being ordained as a permanent deacon.
- INCOME: Candidates must be employed, or retired with an income, during the Permanent Diaconate Formation and Study Program, at the time of ordination, and during their Ministry. Permanent deacons do not get paid for their diaconal services.
- HEALTH: Candidates will require a certificate of satisfactory health from a doctor determined by the seminary. Psychological assessments will also be required.
- EDUCATION: Candidates are required to demonstrate the equivalent of two years of university or college education. Consideration will be given to the demonstration of proficiency through equivalency tests. The Admissions Committee may also take work experience into consideration.
- VALIDITY: Candidates must provide a Baptismal Certificate, a Confirmation Certificate, and a Marriage Certificate if applicable. (Proof of Declaration of Nullity, if applicable.)
- RESIDENCY: A candidate must be a person of faith, prudence and good reputation. Among the letters of recommendation, one is required from the candidate's pastor and lay minister attesting to his attributes. A police check will also be done on each applicant for the program. A candidate must also have the full support of his wife and family.
- SERVICE: A candidate should already be involved in service activities within the parish, or in the community. The permanent diaconate is a continuation of service, rather than just a beginning.
For more information or to register, contact: Director of Permanent Diaconate Program, 519-432-1824 ext. 288 or Catherine Leach, Administrative Assistant 519-432-1824 ext. 281 / email@example.com Call toll free: 1-888-548-9649 ext. 281
Download Admissions Process 2016 - 2017 (coming mid-March 2016)
Click on PD Program Overview Brochure for a more details