|Library >> Search >> Archival Collections >>|
- Off-Campus Access
Welcome to the Michael R. Prieur Seminary Archives of St. Peter’s Seminary, dedicated on October 12, 2011. The Archives is responsible for the appraisal, acquisition, preservation and use of Seminary records of enduring value, which pertain to the origin, history, growth and spirit of the Seminary as well as the records of individuals and organizations associated with the Seminary.
In November 2008 the archival collection was transferred to the lower level of the A.P. Mahoney Library, which is a more conducive location to the preservation and security of our holdings. The work of classifying and describing our holdings is in progress. Once records have been processed, they may become available for research purposes. Our Seminary Archivist is Rev. Michael Prieur who is assisted by a seminarian archives appointee. http://www.stpetersseminary.ca/library/search/archival_collections/
The archival collection consists of:
1. Records of the Seminary that are of enduring historical, legal, fiscal and administrative value, particularly those that document the functions, policies and decisions of the Seminary.
2. Records of Seminary organizations, including the records of faculty, student clubs, alumni association and other groups, that document the life of the Seminary community.
3. Records of affiliated organizations that document their relationship to the Seminary.
4. Seminary publications, newsletters, reports, programs, flyers, calendars, student publications, Alumni Bulletins, etc.
5. Artifacts relating to the history of the Seminary, of individuals connected to the Seminary, and liturgical and religious items.
Click here for general information, policies and procedures for the Michael R. Prieur Seminary Archives.